101 Progress Update
Is it just me or did this work week have a few extra days in it? I can’t believe that it is just now Friday. I have a fun weekend ahead of me, which I will tell you all about next week. For now, it’s accountability time.
I probably won’t do this every Friday, I really can’t see myself being that productive. But every now and then, I will take a break from my ridiculous blog stories and review my progress of my 101 in 1001. At any time, you can click on the little tab at the top to see my progress, but this is a time for me to discuss it.
1. Start a new blog feature. That would be this. Okay, so maybe this was a cop out. But I wasn’t quite sure how quickly I’d get going on this list, and I have this unexplainable urge to cross things off to-do lists. So really, this item was mostly for my mental health.
19. Save $10 for each completed item. I have opened an ING account and titled it “101 in 1001” so that I can quickly transfer $10 each time I cross something off. Does anyone else use ING? I love it. We use it for a lot of things. We have a CD with them and since we have an account set up, we can open new accounts any time. So we have one called “Car Fund”… we have one for untouchable savings… we have this one… etc. They are great. You can name them so it keeps all of your mental accounting straight. The best part? They are all interest bearing. I considered keeping an envelope of tens hidden some place but that’s just dumb. Why do that if I could earn a bit of interested? Granted our economy is in the crapper so I’ll just get a few cents each month… but that’s a few cents I didn’t have before!
24. Blog about my progress. This isn’t actually completed. This will be on-going. I’m aware that some of you may skip these posts because you really aren’t interested in this endeavour but I’m writing them anyways. To make it up to you, I’ll always end with a story, joke, picture, or something else non-101-related. Deal?
35. Start a prayer journal. Started this yesterday. I got a nice journal as a wedding gift but have yet to use it. I usually just use spirals for my Bible Study notes. Journals are too pretty to write in. But I felt that this was a good cause. So I wrote out the 101 goals in the front of the book. I’m now going to use this journal for prayer, to jot down Scripture that is jumping out at me, and to record a few thoughts throughout this process. I spent my lunchbreak in the parking lot at Sonic yesterday and wrote my first entry. This may be the most rewarding goal.
62. Finish the bathroom. No, it’s not done, but it is in process. The shower, walls, floors, and ceiling are done. Tonight or tomorrow Stephen will install the toilet. I’m hoping to go to Lowes tonight and buy the sink. They were sold out last week. If there are no toilet issues, he may be able to get the sink installed tomorrow as well. We are on the lookout for a storage tower. It’s so much harder than you’d think. I don’t think it can be any wider than 2 feet. We want it to be tall, like 6+ feet because we are tall. I’m thinking something brown, maybe with either drawers or pull out baskets. Any leads? Let me know! I also want something cute to hang on the wall in there. I’m thinking about hitting up Etsy for that. Anyone you really love or want to promote? Give me their info! We also need hooks for the towels. I may just get those at Lowes unless you have a better ideqa. We’ll post pics of the bathroom when it’s done.
So that’s where I am. Off to a good start, I think. If you start your own, let me know so I can mark that one off the list. I will also post a link to your blog so people can follow your progress as well.
Here’s your totally unrelated picture for today. This is me riding on the front of the truck at the deer lease. This was on Christmas. I’m wearing short sleeves. This is how we do it in Texas.