Win, Lose, and Blog
I’m not a very lucky person. Up until my 20th year of life, I had never won anything. Except BINGO. I win BINGO all the time. But I swear that’s because I’m really talented, not because I’m lucky. Because I’m not lucky.
One time in college I went to a Cross Canadian Ragweed concert. It was in the huge rec hall looking thing. Along the back walls were booths where different vendors had set up. Boots, hats, beer, etc. I was with a few of my girlfriends and a group of guys that they knew. The guys asked us to go with them to the Copenhagen booth and fill out a form so they could get free dip. I obliged. (For the record, I think dip is pretty nasty.) The next evening I got a phone call from the Copenhagen people. Turns out, I wasn’t just giving them my contact info, I was entering a contest to win a guitar signed by the band. And I won! This is shocking for three reasons: (1) I didn’t know I was entering a contest. (2) I never win anything. (3) I never put my correct contact information on forms like that.
But the point is that I won. Something cool too. Now I have my very own autographed Cross Canadian Ragweed guitar to sit in my spare bedroom and collect dust. I should have asked them what the cash option was.
Every day I dream about winning one of Pioneer Woman’s giveaways. That chick gives away some great stuff. Her trademark giveaway is a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer. I already have one of those but I’d love to win one with a glass bowl because I have a strong aversion to metal bowls. Plus, if I win a new mixer then Lauren and I have an arrangement that involves my old mixer and me getting rich on multiple types of dough. (That’s a baker’s jokes… Can I at least get a pity chuckle??) But as many people have said before, you’re more likely to win the lottery than win a PW giveaway. Or you’re more likely to see a quality Pauly Shore movie than win a PW giveaway. Or you’re more likely to find me at a knife show than win a PW giveaway. You get the idea.
I have, however, been a bit of a blog winner lately. Just a few days ago I won Donald Miller’s book “A Million Miles in a Thousand Years” from I Get To! That makes me quite excited.
I’ve also been the recipient of two (YES TWO) blog awards.
DebbieQ gifted me the Honest Scrap award. Now I’ve won this before but since I love DebbieQ so much and because she knit me my very own pair of socks, I’ll do it again. I’ll keep it short and pointless this time!
1. I got a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer as a wedding gift from my aunts. That was over two years ago. I used it for the first time over the weekend. That makes me very disappointed in myself. No worries though, I know the error of my ways and I plan to use it much more often.
2. I sleep on my back and don’t move during the night.
3. I think it’s disgusting when girls don’t have their toenails painted.
4. My fingernails grow like weeds. I seriously cannot keep them under control.
5. I recently discovered how much I love fresh green beans. Now I think that canned green beans taste like aluminum and I have a hard time choking them down. It makes me wonder how many other things I’m missing out on.
6. I’ve started my book. I’m about 7 pages into it on Word. I don’t know how many that translates into in books. Depending on my mood I think it either totally sucks or has great potential.
7. Before I got married, my full name was 24 letters long. When I got married, my new last name was 50% shorter than my old last name. People misspell my new last name more often than they misspelled my maiden.
8. I love the flavor of mushrooms but absolutely hate the texture of them.
9. I will never get sick of George Strait, Shane & Shane, or Michael Buble.
10. My vacation of choice is either a cruise, a trip to Disney World, or a trip to New York. I love these three place and they make me happy!
The next is the Superior Scribbler Award! I got this from This Heavenly Life. She’s another blogger I found through the Seven Quick Takes. She’s hilarious and her girls are SO cute.