Archive for February 23, 2010
This batch of questions comes from John at Fatherhoody and his wife. You’d think that his wife was the one with all of the dessert related questions since she’s pregnant. You’d be wrong though. All John. Enjoy!
1. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Peanut butter and chocolate from Baskin Robins. It’s the best. The best of the best. From the grocery store? Java Chip Starbucks ice cream. Mint chocolate chip. Any fudgy chocolatey thing. And of course Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla.
2. What is your earliest memory?
Oh goodness, I don’t know. I was 6 when we moved to our new house so I’m trying to focus on memories in the old house. I remember riding my bike in our cul-de-sac. I remember one New Years Eve… this is a popular story in our family. My parents have always thrown a NYE party (except last year because my mom was sick and Avery was just born). It was the day of the party and my parents had moved the furniture out of the way in the living room. So my little sister and I took that opportunity to twirl. You know what I mean. Arms out, spinning until you see stars, giggling the entire time. Well my sister lost her balance and fell and knocked her head on the entertainment center. My brother, who had been ignoring us the entire time, got a spanking. Apparently my dad freaked out and just assumed Justin had done something wrong. Ha. Lindsay ended up needing stitches on her forehead. I’m the only one who came out of the event unharmed.
3. What is your earliest memory of a dessert?
Tis the beginning of the odd questions. I’ll do my best to answer them seriously. My first memory of a dessert is making chocolate chip cookies with my mom. We would cut open big paper grocery bags and line the table with them and put the hot cookies on top. I also remember one of my sister’s early birthdays. She got a Cookie Monster cupcake and she ate it in her high chair and turned her whole face and hands blue.
4. Do you have any recurring dreams?
Nope. I have lots of dreams. Especially now, with pregnancy. But none that repeat.
5. Have you ever dreamed about dessert?
I’m sure I have but I can’t remember any.
6. What is one thing (aside from a cell phone or computer) that you cannot go the entire day without?
My initial reaction right now is: a toilet. And food. Other than that, I think I could go one day without just about anything.
7. What is one dessert you could go your entire life without ever having again?
COULD? Oh plenty. Baklava, bread pudding, anything with raisins, lemon pies, any of those fruit tarts with the glaze on top that taste sugary and cheap, and cream puffs.
8. If you could go on vacation tomorrow, where would you go? (Assume someone else is footing the bill, but within reason…so “the moon” won’t work)
Someplace warm. Mexico on a cruise, probably. I think all-you-can-eat fits into my life style right now. Although if someone else is paying I should choose a more expensive trip. Probably Italy or Greece. Mostly for the food, but also for the sights.
9. If you could have any dessert tomorrow, what would you have (assume someone else is buying it for you. Within reason though, no “gold sprinkled ice cream cones.”)
Chocolate mousse cheesecake with strawberry garnish. Or any variation of any of those. Chocolate cheesecake, chocolate mousse, chocolate, mousse, cheesecake with strawberries, chocolate covered strawberries, you get it?
10. What was your first impression of your significant other? If you’re single, what was your first impression of your best friend?
My spouse? Wow… that was a line. (During the Q portion of the Q&A, many of you asked about our story. I owe you that.)
My best friend? I thought she was cool and confident but I didn’t really like her. It took us a few months to be friends. She still really cool, but not nearly as confident as I had thought. I always tell her she needs to work on that part.
11. What is your first impression of dessert pizza? (Personally, I think it’s weird. I love dessert but I don’t want any on my pizza.)
It was my favorite part of Cici’s! My dad and brother LOVED going to Cici’s because they could eat themselves stupid. My sister and I would dramatically groan, “NOOOOO. Not Cici’s!!” Now I like it because it’s cheap and I love pizza. Even mass produced pizza. Did y’all know their buffet is $3.99 right now?? Hello!
Your turn! If you have a batch of questions to submit, send them to me at chelsea(at)rootsandrings(dot)com.