Ten on Tuesday (37)
This week’s questions are a random bunch that my parents, sister, Stephen, and I came up with on Sunday night after watching fireworks. Unless you want me coming up with the questions every week, I’m going to need to help!
1. If given the opportunity, would you choose a mediocre job that paid well or your dream job that paid poorly?
I don’t really have a dream job. Honestly, I think I’d choose a mediocre job and use the money to pay off our mortgage, car, and student loans. We’d save a bunch and then I’d quit and be a stay at home mom since that’s really what I want to do.
2. What is your favorite thing about the 4th of July? (For the foreigners: What is your impression of the 4th of July?)
I love that the entire day is centered around eating and being outside. Those are two of my favorite things in the world!
3. What’s the most random fact you know about American history?
There used to be a state called Franklin. It only existed for about 4 years and it was never recognized by Congress.
4. What is the best fireworks display you’ve ever seen?
It was this year. We were in Galveston and watched the show that the city put on. It was fantastic. I’m used to the one that my neighborhood/city does and we have a much smaller budget. I saw several types that I’d never seen before. Plus it was especially amazing because we were watching them over the water so there was a beautiful reflection.
5. Who taught you how to put on makeup?
I’m not sure. I assume my mom? And the ladies at the Clinique counter. I still don’t really know how to put on makeup, I just do a very simple face.
6. Have you ever gone through a financial planning process? Tell us about it.
Not really. We’ve made a budget but it isn’t very thorough. We’d like to do a better one and we are actually in the process of it. I’m looking forward to reading your tips.
7. What was your favorite outfit as a kid? Bonus points for pictures.
I had this pair of jorts that had watermelon slices painted on them so when I rolled up the bottom, the slices would show. Super cool, I know. I also loved to wear my mom’s Jazzercise shirt with hot pink leggings. I thought I was really spiffy.
8. Do you prefer a beach, lake, swimming pool, or no water?
The beach. I feel awkward in lakes and swimming pools… I don’t really know how to swim around to entertain myself. I enjoy being on boats but I think it gets old. I’d so much rather go to the beach and watch the ocean and swim in the waves. That’s my happy place.
9. Do you recycle? If not, why?
No I don’t. Because my neighborhood doesn’t make it convenient for us. If they’d pick things up, I’d do it in an instant but as it is now, we’d have to drive our items to a drop. Maybe one day we’ll stop being so lazy and do it anyways. My mom says I should do it for my children’s children. She’s probably right.
10. What are your thoughts and feelings about the Twilight Saga?
I really loved the books but I hate the movies. I wasn’t going to read the books because I thought they sounded really dumb. My sister convinced me to and I’m glad she did. I genuinely loved them. The movies however, were terrible. I haven’t seen the latest but I know it can’t be fantastic. Kristen Stewart is a terrible actress, I don’t like Edward’s makeup, they leave so much out of the story. Overall, it sucks and I’m disappointed because they had such a great story to work with.
Here’s Mr. Linky!