Ten on Tuesday (40)
Wow, this is the 40th week of Ten on Tuesday. I can’t believe y’all aren’t bored with this yet! This week’s questions are from Abby at The Adventures of Abby and Ryan.
1. How do you take your coffee on an average day? How do you like your coffee if you’re spluging?
I drink my coffee black. Sometimes I’ll add pumpkin spice flavored creamer in the fall, but I don’t always like it. If I’m splurging I don’t get coffee, I get coffee flavored drinks. I love Java Chip Frappucinos with peppermint. So good! I also love pumpkin spice lattes and gingerbread lattes.
2. What is your genre of books to read?
Chick lit. I don’t like to think when I read. I also like reading cookbooks. Is that weird?
3. Where do you want to retire, if you could go anywhere?
I want to retire wherever my family is. I don’t care if the weather or scenery is bad. There is no point in living somewhere if you aren’t surrounded by the people you love. Besides, I can just travel to those places.
4. The 17-year-old you is told to write a 10-minute speech. What topic would you have picked?
I was a junior in high school when I was 17… so probably baseball. Back then I knew players and stats and all sorts of info that was normally reserved for men and little boys. I watched games every evening. So I had a lot of thoughts and feelings about The Game, I could definitely give a speech about it.
5. What word describes you best?
6. What is the next “event” that you are looking forward to? (ex.: vacation, moving, date, job change, etc)
I have a baby shower this weekend and I’m very much looking forward to it. If we are thinking on a bigger scale, well, I’m having a baby in September. That’s kind of a big deal.
7. Do you like to discuss controversial topics or do you prefer to avoid those types of conversations?
I do not. It makes me frustrated. I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I don’t usually understand those opinions and that frustrates me.
8. Would you rather add 4 free hours to each day, or add 1 extra day to the week?
This is a really difficult question. I’ve debated both in my head, both assuming that those would be NON working hours. I think I’d have to go with an extra day. It would be AMAZING to have 4 more non-working hours every day but realistically I’d probably spend them sleeping so they’d be wasted. Plus, with an additional day, it would be easier to take weekend vacations. I love weekend vacations!
9. If you created a sports team; what would your colors and mascot be?
I’d bring back the Colt .45s because that’s an awesome name. They’d be burnt orange and navy. They’d play baseball, obviously.
10. If you had to be a teacher, what subject would you teach?
Ideally, I’d teach home economics. I’d teach the students to cook and write thank you notes and call their grandma when they need their pants hemmed. I’d teach them that debt is of the devil and that if you fold a t-shirt down the center, you’ll have a ridiculous looking fold when you wear it. I think it could be a fun class.
Great questions this week! Thanks Abby!