Just The Facts
Hi, my name is Chelsea and I just report the facts.
- I have never, not once, ever made coffee at work. The rule is that if you finish the pot, you have to start the new pot. There have been several (hundred) times that I’ve gone to the break room to get coffee but changed my mind after seeing that there was only one cup’s worth in the pot. I hate making coffee, that’s why I have the Keurig.
- After having his worst night ever on Monday night, my baby slept until 5:30 this morning! Old Chelsea would gripe and complain about having to wake up at 5:30 but I was so thankful that he gave me 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep that I didn’t mind in the least.
- Have you ever seen the Cube? You know, that car that looks like a box on wheels? Have you ever said, “That thing is so weird! Who buys those?!” I’ll tell you who. My friends. One of our good couple friends owns a Cube and they love it. It’s surprisingly spacious inside. And I am not talking behind their back about their weird car, they read my blog and they are well aware that the Cube is funny looking. In fact, they made fun of it at the dealership before the bought it. They named it Cube Wan – Pronounced Cue-B-One. (Instead of Obi Wan. Hilarious? I think so. It should also be noted that this same friend named his first car Topanga.)
- I am almost done with Christmas shopping. Actually, I am almost done planning my Christmas shopping, which is half the battle.
- One of my favorite pairs of shoes is a pair of black ballet flat that I bought from Payless for $5 about 4 years ago. The bottoms are really worn out. I bought another pair of black flats as replacements but they aren’t nearly as comfortable. I fear the day that I literally wear a hole through the bottom.
- Through a random string of events that, without a doubt, was orchestrated by God, we have another car. We don’t technically own it, it’s more of a permanent borrowing situation. Isn’t it funny how you have no clue how things will work themselves out but you trust that the Lord will take care of it and all of a sudden, He does?!
- Y’all. Listen. There is a house in my neighborhood that already has their Christmas lights up and turned on. Red, green, and white. Flashing. This is all sorts of wrong.
- While I think it’s wrong, I’m glad the holiday buzz is in the air. Yes the holidays can be stressful if you let them be, but I love them. I love the busy schedule and the shopping and the staying up late to wrap just one more gift. I love the beautiful ribbons and bows that cost more than all 7 of your rolls of wrapping paper. I love the overplayed Christmas carols and the old ladies who wear jingle bell earrings.
- And for the record, I don’t think that getting caught up in the hussle and bussle of it all means that you’ve lost sight of the reason for the season. I love love love the hussle and bussle but more than anything, I know what Christmas is all about. That can never be forgotten or taken for granted.
- I’m obsessed with all of these Daily Deals websites! Did you know that Target has daily deals? Just go to their homepage and scroll down, you’ll see a button for it. I’ve found several Christmas gifts on Target Daily Deals and purchased some with Groupon gift cards.
- One year for Halloween I was a Spice Girl. Sporty Spice actually. And a few years ago Stephen and I were Popeye and Olive Oyl. These are things I think you should know.
- Email makes me happy. So does regular mail. Mail makes me happy.
Entry filed under: Uncategorized.