Ten on Tuesday (61)
This week’s questions come from Erin from Erin B. Inspired. They actually sort of depress me because it makes me think about all that I don’t like about my house. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for it, it just needs work. The kind of work that we can’t afford. Regardless, go visit Erin and thank her for her questions!! They are great questions if you aren’t a Debbie Downer.
1. What type of home do you currently reside in? (house, apartment, etc.)
2. If you could completely redecorate one room in your home, what room would you pick, why, and what would you do to it?
Redecorate? Probably my living room. Although Stephen would probably never let me completely change it. We have dark wood beams, painted wood paneling (aka: smooth walls), and trim with a giant redish brick fireplace. It’s nice but not great. It just looks dated. It’s a lot like Young House Love’s new house. I’m anxious to see what they do with it.
But if we’re talking renovate? My kitchen. Completely renovate. We’re talking cabinets and walls and flooring. It’s probably just worth it to get a new house.
3. What is your favorite place to gain inspiration for your home decor style?
Most of my stuff is hand-me-down so I can’t really say I have a style. See? This topic is not good for me.
4. What is your favorite piece of decor in your home?
My red china cabinet. It is beautiful.
5. What do you want visitors to feel when they visit your home? Do you think your home gives off that feeling?
I want them to feel comfortable. No, I don’t think we’re there. Partially because my dog spazzes every time people come over and partially because I don’t know how to keep a clean house. I’ll get there one day. Ughhhh.
6. Describe your home in one word and explain why you chose that word.
Is that awful? Yes it is. I need to work on this contentment thing.
7. What are some predominant colors or patterns in your home?
I have a lot of green. I really like green.
8. What is your favorite room in your home and why?
The nursery! DUH! Here is the post with the nursery pictures.
9. Do you take a hands-on or DIY approach to projects around your home or do you enlist or hire help?
Stephen usually tries to fix things and he usually he can. But if it’s a tough one, we call our home warranty people and get someone comes out to help us for a mere $55.
10. Where is your favorite place to shop for home furnishings?
Under the Christmas tree on Christmas morning. Most of my stuff is hand me down or gifted. Although our amazing recliner and dining room table are from Rooms To Go. They are very grown up!